How do you measure success as an author? Write Romantic Jo shares her thoughts.
How do you do it? The concept of what success means is constantly shifting, not just for writers as a collective, but for each of us as individuals. Even when we achieve what we thought we wanted to achieve, there’s no guarantee it will actually make us *feel* successful. There are always others who seem to be doing better or perhaps doing things differently to us, who will make us question whether we’ve made the right decisions or whether we should be on a different path altogether.
So what’s writing success? Perhaps it’s…
- Getting a publisher?
- Getting an agent?
- Owning your writing journey as an indie author?
- Seeing your novel in a book shop?
- Appearing in an Amazon top one hundred chart?
- Receiving lots of 5 star reviews from people you’ve never met?
- Making a decent amount of money from writing?
- Getting an email from a reader to tell you…
View original post 288 more words